Thursday, April 17, 2008
April 2008 Paper Issue compared to Online April Issue
What differences are there between the online April 2008 issue of National Geographic and the paper issue of April 2008 National Geographic? Well, even though I have been a big supporter of paper books and magazines rather than the online versions this project is changing my mind. As I sit here looking at the online issue and my paper issue I wondering why am I paying to subscribe if the same information is available on the internet. Both have the same articles and pictures. The paper version of National Geographic is very pleasing to the eye with its glossy pages but the internet issue has the articles and more. The feature article is the same in both versions but online I can watch the pictures on slide show and listen to a narrator give additional information on Sahel. The website also gives more insight on the articles in a section called GeoPedia that allows readers to participate by asking questions or providing links to even more information. You can even have a little fun by putting together jigsaw puzzles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment