Monday, April 21, 2008

Do other online magazines offer as much as National Geographic?

I was suprised by all that National Geographic had to offer online and that the articles were all available online so I was curious to see if it was the same for other magazines. I checked the website for Mental_Floss magazine and found it fun to look at but it was not the same as the issue I had received in the mail this month. There is a list of what is in the magazine but you are not able to read the articles online. If you want to have some fun check out http://www.mentalfloss.com/trivia/

2 comments:

GirlsArrrPirates2 said...

I think National Geographic is very unique in that they offer their magazine online. Most magazines do not do that. As you said, mental_floss has a fun webpage but is not the same. They only offer their magazine articles occasionally and its usually from an older issue, not the current one. Another magazine I read is called The Week and its website is relatively informative and interactive but you can only view the current magazine online if you have a subscription.
I am pretty sure National Geographic offers so much because they want people to know about the world we live in more than they want to make money on magazine subscriptions. I'm sure they make enough in online advertising and donations and everything else their name is on that it off-sets the cost of offering their magazine for free on the internet. Either way, they offer much more online content than any other magazine i can think of.

Kevin said...

I tend to read magazines while relaxing and the paper format works great anywhere I go.